How to join.
The BRAIN Conference will be hosted on Crowdcast – an online platform which works in your browser and does not require a download.
- To join the conference, first REGISTER.
Please note, Crowdcast works best in either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
You will be sent the password to the crowdcast online page via email to the email address used during your registration which you will need to join the event. The email with the password and details to the crowdcast page has not yet been sent out.
- Once you have received the password, you will need to follow the link the our Crowdcast page. Please register for our event on Crowdcast (this is seperate from eventbrite).
- Once you have accepted the Terms and Conditions of Crowdcast, you will be asked for some information. Feel free to add any additional information into the ‘Name’ section – eg. “John Doe – University of Life”
- You should now have succesfully signed up and joined our virtual conference. Feel free to join sessions at your leisure. If you close your browser, you can re-join the conference at any time by using the same set of instructions above and by using the same email address you have registered with. Sessions can be viewed in the top right corner by selecting (more…) and you can select which session you would like to attend.
Crowdcast common issues and how to solve them
- I have put in the password and then my email and then I get a spinning wheel of doom loading and nothing has happened. What do I do?
- I am an audience member of the conference and no one can see me or hear me?
- I have already registered, and when I went back to the event, it asked me to send a login email and I never got one. What do I do?
- I can see people on the screens but they are not talking?
- The speaker has gone silent for me? I cannot hear what anyone is saying?
- I have registered to the event, and cannot see a live session, only a replay of what has already happened? Or I am not in the correct session, how do I change session?
- I am a speaker at The BRAIN Conference 2021 and when I speak, it echoes. What do I do?
- I am a speaker and I can’t share my screen.
I have put in the password and then my email and then I get a spinning wheel of doom loading and nothing has happened. What do I do?
- Refresh the page and start again
- Try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and try with that
- Use incognito window in Google Chrome (Mac = ⌘ + shift + N) and windows (control + shift +n) and try again
I am an audience member of the conference and no one can see me or hear me?
As an audience member of this conference, it will only be the host and invited speakers who can be seen or heard. If you wish to ask a question then please refer to the “Ask a question” button.
Crowdcast has a helpful Attendee guide here
I have already registered on Crowdcast, and when I went back to the event, it asked me to send a login email. I clicked on the link and I never got one. What do I do?
- Check your junk email box to make sure the link hasn’t ended up there.
- Use Google Chrome and an incognito window and try again.
- No luck? Use a different email to register.
- Don’t have another email but definitely registered? Email email@example.com and tell us your name and email your used. We will “unregister” your email and will let you know when you can re-register with that email again.
I can see people on the screens but they are not talking?
See if your browser tab has muted itself by default – right click on the tab and unmute it e.g
The speaker has gone silent for me? I cannot hear what anyone is saying?
- Muted browser? See point 3.
- Refresh your page and ensure you’re using google chrome or firefox
- It could be a technological issue for the speaker, try waiting and seeing if the host says that this may be the case in the chat.
I have registered to the event, and cannot see a live session, only a replay of what has already happened? Or I am not in the correct session, how do I change session? What do I do?
Click on the (more) link and there will be a drop down of the sessions. Click on the session you want to see and if it is live then there will be a host and a speaker.
I am speaking and when I speak, it echoes. What do I do?
- Turn your speakers down as it is usually due to your microphone being very close to your speakers
- Plug in some headphones or headset with microphone
I am a speaker and I can’t share my screen.
- You may have already asked to share the window and the share screen button is not showing up again – refresh the page.
- Change to an incognito Google Chrome tab (Mac = ⌘ + shift + N) and windows (control + shift +n) whilst in google chrome and try again
- Could be your networks security sessions. Ask the BRAIN conference committee to present your slides for you.
I can’t make all of the sessions. Will there be replays available?
Yes, replays will be available for all sessions to view through Crowcast for several weeks after the conference and you will be able to view them at your own leisure using the same login details.