Before you begin: To minimise technical hiccups, you are strongly encouraged to use a Google Chrome browser. You can download it here: https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/
1. After clicking on the event link, you should be directed to a registration screen similar to the one below. Please enter your password in the top right box (You will have been sent this the day prior to the conference) and hit enter on your keyboard.
2. You will then be asked to provide your email address. Type in your preferred email address and hit enter and send yourself a link. You will be sent an email, and in that email you need to click on “confirm &sign in. It takes you back to Crowdcast. You will be prompted to agree to Crowdcast’s terms and conditions.
3. Finally, you will be asked to enter your name before registering. Feel free to add any additional information into the ‘Name’ section – eg. “John Doe – University of Life”
4. You’re in! If the event is not live, you will see a screen like the one below. If it is live, you will see whatever talk is currently ongoing, OR a replay of one that has already ended. You will be able to switch between sessions (See step 6).
5. Once you’ve joined: You will be able to leave comments in the bottom right hand corner in a box that says “say something nice” (RED ARROW). HOWEVER, if you wish to ask a question, then please press “Ask a Question” and a pop-up window will appear. You can type in a question, and this question can be upvoted by other attendees. These questions will be monitored by the Chair of the session.
6. Switching sessions – There may be multiple sessions running. You will be able to switch between them by clicking “(more…)” next to “SCHEDULE” on the top left corner. A list will be displayed, with start times given in UK time (GMT). If the session has already finished, you may see a video recording of it instead.